Despite there being quite a few artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistants, Google Assistant is the crème la de crème by some distance. It’s smart and keeps getting better with time. Assistant not just supports multiple languages, but its presence is across a wide range of applications and hardware. Besides letting you ask questions and receive answers, Assistant packs in quite a few neat tricks under its sleeve too. Keeping you abreast of your upcoming schedule and travel times, pulling recent appointments’ information, getting dinner reservations done, etc. are some of the many things Assistant can do. Google Assistant also notifies you of heavy traffic, cancellations, etc. so that you can reschedule things accordingly.
Solid and Quick Answers
Google Assistant generally delivers fast and solid answers with context. It not just provides one word or one line answers but is also fairly adept at coming up with detailed explanations. For instance, if you ask Assistant how far is Jupiter from Earth, you would likely get a comprehensive answer. Music is also Google Assistant’s strong suit, since Google has its own music service. In certain cases, the virtual assistant ties well with third-party services as well. Google Assistant can also connect with any speaker connected to Chromecast.
Remind yourself to send a birthday card, make calls hands free during your commute, and unwind by playing your favourite tunes. You personal Google is here to help. Ask your Google Assistant questions and get things done. Use it anytime, anywhere.
With the Google Assistant, you can:
• Send text messages (“Text Sara I am running late”)
• Set reminders (“Remind me to buy a birthday gift for John”)
• Take a selfie (“Take a selfie”)
• Set calendar events (“Set a calendar event for dinner with Charlie tomorrow from 7-9”)
• Play music (“Play top Bollywood songs on YouTube”)
• Navigate places (“Get me directions home”)
• Weather information (“Do I need an umbrella today?”)
• Receive updates on the latest news (“Tell me the news”)
* Your device must still meet the requirements in order to use the Google Assistant (Google Search v7.11 or higher and minimum memory requirements).
* You do not need this app to use the Google Assistant if you already have the Google Assistant on your device.